Pages

Thursday, June 20, 2013

Keeping Busy in The Kitchen


I have a confession.  My kitchen refuses to stay clean.  We have been maxing out its potential this week.  Hubby has been working a lot of hours which leaves me at home alone.  After the evening chores are done, I love working in the kitchen.  I made another batch of homemade granola, hummus, pesto (with basil from the garden), rhubarb strawberry crisp and a huge batch of sweet cherry jam.  The poor dishwasher is constantly in use.  I try and take to work whatever projects I think are doable for a three year old.  J (the three year old) loves helping to cook and clean up!  I brought all the ingredients to make pesto.  He had such fun washing the basil leaves and dropping them into the food processor.  It is fun to watch his excitement.  Sure, it would be easier and quicker to do it at home by myself, but nothing about my life can be described as quick or easy.  I didn't take the granola to work because it mostly needed supervision in the oven.  But pesto was a perfect project.  The only bummer about pesto is that we eat it so fast...

No comments:

Post a Comment