Pages

Friday, June 28, 2013

A Mailbox makeover

The other day I was at a department store and saw an advertisement for free shipping.  It wasnt the free shipping that caught my eye, but the mailbox in the ad.  Now, our mailbox has been an eyesore since the day we bought the house.  That said, it hasn't been high on my priority list.  But lately I have been noticing how small changes can make a big impact.  The ad in the store got me thinking.  I could do something similar.  Hubby and I immediately started pricing how much it would cost.  I believe in total we spent $40-50.  And I got to check something off my list!  I painted and measured (and checked regulations for height of the mailbox) and hubby cut and drilled.  The mailbox post now matches the front door now and I couldn't be more pleased.  Check out the inspiration, before and after. 




1 comment:

  1. I am sure the postman is eager to come to your house.I really, really like your new mailbox. Good work, Tim. Now you may get some mail from 57 Ortalon Ave.

    Love you,
    Grammy

    ReplyDelete