Pages

Monday, March 18, 2013

Road Trip Survival Kit




One week from today my husband will be flying out here to California to help me move back to Maryland.  Driving from the West Coast to the East Coast will be quite a haul, especially since we will be towing a trailer.  I am super excited, and in that excitement wanted to make a fun road trip survival kit. I used an empty baby wipes container as its the perfect size.  I decorated the outside with leftover scrapbook paper (to hide the pictures of babies butts- even though they are super cute!) and hot glued scrabble tiles to the lid.  For my sisters wedding, one of the bridesmaids gave us survival bags with a variety of travel size goodies.  I picked the ones that would be useful for a road trip to put in my kit.  Her kit also included single size bottles of alcohol, which would definitely NOT be a good road trip kit item... so I excluded those (and I don't drink anyways, but I am sure hubby wouldn't object to some wine).  Our kit includes gum, toothbrushes, tide to go, lotion, tissues, first aid kid, chocolate among other things.  Normally I would not buy these items individually as I think they are way over priced just for convenience.  In this case, they were gifted to me making the whole kit free!  If you wanted to make one you could use items you already have, or just break down a normal size package of whatever into travel size bits.  For a fun addition I included these "road trip questions" (from here:   http://sissyprint.blogspot.com/2011/09/couples-road-trip-questions.html) I am looking forward to our road trip but sad to be leaving family. 
  I will be posting up until I pack my computer.  I am supposed to be packing today, but keep finding ways to procrastinate.  Making a road trip survival kit is waaay more important than packing boxes for the said trip... and of course after making something, I need to blog about it!  Ok, ok I am off to pack up now.  Enjoy!

3 comments:

  1. I'm very excited for you and looking forward to the next page in your adventure story!

    ReplyDelete
  2. There are various online sources to provide you informative details on this topic, but this is one is very helpful
    survival kits

    ReplyDelete