Pages

Thursday, June 6, 2013

I need to learn construction

Construction runs in my genes.  My dad and grandpa worked in construction along with many of my relatives.  Unfortunately I didn't ever ask them to teach me.  Hopefully its not too late.  The other day Hubby and I were at Lucketts in Virginia (a great antique/chippy place).  We found this day bed and I am dying to make one!  Hubby and I can do basic construction projects like garden beds but nothing like this.  If I had relatives nearby I would ask them to help me in a heartbeat.  Unfortunately this bed was way out of our price range at the store so we wont be buying it either.  I am saving a picture of it, so that once I improve my skills I can take on this project.  Isnt it awesome?  Wouldnt you like to curl up outside on this with some Sunshine in a Bottle and a good book or knitting?  I know I would! 

1 comment:

  1. That looks awesome... like a window seat outside. Also makes me think of a sleeping porch. I've been wanting a sleeping porch for a looong time.

    I think you should be able to figure out that construction with a handy book or internet advice.

    Stringmaker

    ReplyDelete