Pages

Saturday, April 6, 2013

We're Home

We finally made it back to Maryland last Sat.  Such a long drive!  Naively I thought the drive would be the most difficult part, but I was proven wrong.  The drive went smoothly and we got to spend a day visiting hubby's family along the way. 
  By the last day we couldn't wait to be home.  I had expected the house to be a mess (after no one living there for 9 months) and it was.  Our biggest challenge was when we tried turning on the faucet.  no water.  none.  not a drop.  We tried all the usual ways of turning water back on, and once we turned on a pipe connected to the sump pump our water was back on.  It was coming out the faucets like we had hoped.  good.  It was also coming out the pipes in the basement in huge gushes.  not good.  Fast forward a few days and one plumber later, we were never so thrilled to have water. Now hubby is back to work and I am settling in and cleaning.  I will try to be back to normal posting this week.  Have a great weekend! 





2 comments:

  1. Welcome home! Glad you made it safely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you guys look so happy. I hope the very best for you and can't wait to hear more.

    ReplyDelete