Pages

Friday, January 28, 2011

Signs of Life




When everything that surrounds me is covered in snow, cold and damp, I don't have to go very far to see signs of life. The salad bar I am growing in the kitchen window is starting to sprout. A variety of lettuce that will hopefully be the first veggies of 2011.


Downstairs, the chicks are growing. They can now fly out of their brooder box. They could have free run of the bathroom, but they fly right back to their box. To cuddle under the heat of the heatlamp. It might not be ideal, to raise chicks in the bathroom. Its too darn cold outside, even with a heat lamp. As soon as they have enough weight and feathers, they can upgrade to living in the barn. By then we will have to figure out what to do with the Valentines chicks. If the 5 chicks we have living in the bathroom, take up the entire box, where will we keep 30 new day old chicks? I am sure we will have a solution by then.


They are calling for more snow tomorrow. Its ok though, I have my chicks and sprouts... there is hope that spring will come this year.


No comments:

Post a Comment