Pages

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

A Thrifty Makeover




I have been spending a lot of time in our office at the computer lately. Our internet is extremely slow, so while the webpages load I sit and wait. And look around the office... All of our furniture in the office is dark and dreary. The walls are a light tan, but the bookshelves, desk and turtle tank are all dark brown. I asked hubby if I could paint the furniture, and he said sure. He is always allowing me to rearrange things. We have plenty of left over paint from the house and I pried the lid off a can of white. I painted the shelves and frame of one bookcase. Since these are the cheapy furniture from target, the fake wood on the back of the shelves wouldnt hold paint. With hubby's help, I removed the backs, covered it in burlap and reassembled it. I love the outcome! What do you think? I took a picture of just the one painted to compare it to the other dark furniture. It is the perfect blend of light and airy, with a touch of manly-ness. Hubby is pleased too which is always good. This week I will do the other bookshelf, and then tackle the desk. Check out the before and after pictures.








On farming notes, Hubby built a "chicken shed" for the pullets. We fenced in a yard for them. This will work, until we can get a real coop built. Hubby did an awesome job on the construction. I think the chicks like it too! Note- these are the little chicks we got in the mail on Valentines day...not so little anymore!


No comments:

Post a Comment