Pages

Friday, July 19, 2013

Its too darn hot...

This week I have had a song stuck in my head.  "Its too darn hot" by Cole Porter.  They chorus goes like this
"cause it's too darn hot
It's too darn hot
It's too darn hot"
The song talks about all the things he wants to do but can't because, you guessed it, its too hot.  This week temperatures have held in the high 90s.  Add humidity into the mix and you have a pretty miserable week.  The humidity is so thick it feels like you can cut it with a knife.  I am doing everything possible to stay indoors.  Hubby doesn't seem phased by it (maybe because he is from Texas?).  As I type he is managing the burn pile outside.  Yuck!  I would rather be inside at the computer sipping on ice tea.  I am so thankful that Family Z prefers to have the air conditioning on all day.  I am thankful my truck has working air.  I am thankful for ice tea.  And Slurpees.  And cold showers.  I am thankful for a husband who doesn't mind that I am a heat-wimp and cowering inside.  I will do the minimal amount of outside work needed right now.  I sweat like crazy during both the morning and evening milkings.  There is no respite from the heat.  Even at midnight its hot and humid.  This all guarantees we will get some good thunderstorms.  Even the kids don't want to play outside in this weather.  Hopefully next week it will cool down enough to be tolerable... Lets hope!


(Obviously not the true temp.  This is what my car read when I first got in.  Feels about right)

1 comment:

  1. Isn't it hot? and humid? I get up at 5:30 and get most of my outside work done by 10 and it isn't so bad. Yesterday, I was canning green beans.... it was hot. When it is this hot, I often consider sleeping outside on the porch. People down south have (or had) screened sleeping porches. Very nice thing.

    "It's too hot, too hot, too hot m'lady... gotta run for shelter, gotta run for shade..." Remember that one?

    Stringmaker

    ReplyDelete