Pages

Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Amazing Luck at Goodwill

I am a Goodwill-a-holic! Hubby and I both are. Typically when we go to town, we will pop into Goodwill once a week. We usually have specific items we are looking for, but we also have a general list of things we want/need. I have been wanting an antique sewing machine for a while. What I really want is a working treadle machine but those cost a pretty penny so it will have to wait. Can you imagine my delight when I uncovered this treasure? It is electric and not a treadle (I might be able to turn it into one later) and I not sure if it works. It can be used by hand and everything appears to work smoothly (just haven't plugged it in yet). I was even more please that it was only $20! Hubby said "you have to get that!" as he shares my love of antiques. Just as I would be super excited if he found an antique rifle that we could afford. Right now the machine is sitting on my desk waiting for its permanent home and to see if it works. Ill let you know when I try it out. Regardless, it looks pretty awesome!

2 comments:

  1. That's a super-pretty machine. Hopefully it will turn out to be a working one! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow - what a find! Hope your luck continues and it works

    ReplyDelete