Pages

Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Summer's Almost Here!

Last night looked like a disney movie in the back yard. Once the sun went down the fireflies came out to play. It was almost magical the way they are everywhere, blinking on and off. A couple hours before the sun went down Hubby and I were working hard in the backyard putting up new fencing and taking trees down. We are trying to thin out the trees by the goat pen, as well as add an additional buck pen for our two boys. Our goat herd head count is 3 girls and 2 boys. Also, we have two ewe lambs. Lots of ladies on the farm once you count the chickens. Our chickens are faithfully giving us 3-4 eggs a day. 3 of the hens hatched out chicks. Each day we look forward to seeing if more eggs have hatched. I thought all the eggs would hatch at the same time, but no... one here and one there. Such a fun surprise. I will try to get pictures up this weekend. I have been in a blog funk lately (obviousley) (maybe ill do a post if i can about it) but I am really trying to get back into the swing of things. So heres to summer. and fireflies. and humidity with no ac. yay summer!

2 comments:

  1. Boo on humidity...makes my hair crazy :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE fireflies! They are so magical-totally Disney like, you're right!

    ReplyDelete