Pages

Saturday, June 16, 2012

More Craftyness

This weekend Hubby is working and I am still trying to spruce up the house (on the cheap). Today I decided to make a new desk. I didn't want to just buy something off craigslist this time. I wanted it to be more personal and customized. I had an idea in my head and went off to find salvaged materials, or cheap ones at Lowes. I thought I wanted spindle legs (like on a farm table) but I fell in love with an old pair of sawhorses. I threw them in the back of the Cruiser and headed to Lowes. There I bought 4 planks of wood (at $6 each, not bad) and some antique wood stain. Once home I painted the saw horses white, and stained the basic wood boards. I found an antique office chair in the basement that I had started fixing up last year. I painted and stained it to match. Everything is drying in the driveway now. I hope it turns out how I have it pictured in my head.... Check out where things stand now.





Well, what do you think?

2 comments:

  1. Love, love, love it! You are amazing...

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are too crafty! I love it! would you be my teacher? I love you!--t

    ReplyDelete