Pages

Friday, March 30, 2012

The house with the yellow door





Our front entryway has been long overdue for an upgrade. Considering how finances are pretty tight right now we dont have the funds to replace our door I decided to repaint it. I wanted something bold and funky and fun to spice up the place. After browsing pinterest looking for inspiration, I figured yellow would do the trick. After convincing the paint man at the hardware store that yes, I really did want to paint my door bright yellow, I got started right away. After painting the first coat I starting doubting my decision. The paint wasnt drying (maybe because it was raining and damp outside) and looked all splotchy. After three coats it looks good to me. I now say with gusto, we are the house with the yellow door!

No comments:

Post a Comment