Pages

Saturday, January 21, 2012

A trip to the Mannings



Today I was blessed with the day off! For the past year, other than vacations, I have worked every saturday. This means no sleeping in with hubby, no lazy mornings drinking coffee and reading, no lounging in pjs. Which meant that having a sat off is super exciting in my book. This morning we woke up to an inch (or two) of snow. We slept in until 730. We had planned on going up to PA today to do some shopping/road tripping. We dug my truck out of the snow and attempted to get up our driveway. again. and again. and again. Long story short- the truck is now "parked" in the middle of the front yard, dangerously close to the well pump. When I say close, I mean it. The truck is inches away from hitting the well pump. We abandoned the truck in the yard (luckily its our own front yard) and proceeded to attempt the hill with hubbys truck. After many unsuccessful tries, he managed to back his truck up the hill (our next truck really really really needs to be 4 wheel drive!). We went on our merry way.












I should have learned by now that my plans usually fall through. I wanted to take hubby to this amazing restaurant in PA. We drove the hour drive and got there at one, starving, only to find out that on saturdays they are closed for lunch. boo. we grabbed a wrap at the gas station (sorry mom, there was no other choice) and proceeded to go to the Mannings. The Mannings is a fiber artist's mecca. They specialize in spinning wheels and equipment, but also have a huge selection of yarn, tools, fiber and books. This is where we bought my wheel from 2 years ago. This Christmas hubby had secretly got me a gift card there. I used it (plus some) for my bounty. Its an internal battle as to which project I will start first. Before heading home, hubby and I had a photo shoot. Did I mention that the Mannings is situated next to a river. And they have a big red barn. And it just snowed. Perfect!








div>


We had an awesome Saturday together, and now are spending the evening on the couch, knitting (well me at least, not hubby) and watching movies. A perfect ending to a (almost) perfect day.

3 comments:

  1. yay for the mannings. i feel so spoiled that it is my "local" yarn shop!! Looks like you got some fun stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a fun day. I often have to work on Sunday, which is my husband's day off, so I'm always bummed on those days. Glad you finally got a Saturday off!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the pictures! So sorry you did not get to the restaurant.... So happy you enjoyed your day!

    ReplyDelete